Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thank you Walmart!... Target, kiss my >(

Today I had a HORRIBLE experience shopping at Target.  I had several coupons to use including 4 free shampoo/conditioner/styling product q's, 3 buy 1 Olay soap/body wash get 1 Satin Care free shave gel, 4 $2/2 Old Spice Swagger, 4 $1/1 Garnier, 2 $2/1 Rimmel product, $3/1 Rio DVD, and 2 $3/1 Denim item.

First I found a clearance pair of jeans I wanted, but my coupon just expired yesterday and they would not honor it... strike one, but technically my bad, so still ok.  Then I went to the DVD section to pick up a copy of Rio (which was my primary mission for the day) and they were ALL OUT!  BIG strike two.

Disappointed, I called Walmart who had plenty and so I just planned on going there to get it after.  I figured, "What the heck, since I'm here at Target I might as well make the best of it."  I continued shopping and picked up the deodorants, the 4 freebie hair care products, and 2 Garnier. They did not have the trial size Olay I needed, nor did they have the Rimmel mascara.  They did have the eye shadow though, so I at least figured I would grab one of those too.

When I got to the register, the cashier rang up my items... when I handed her my coupons she looked confused.  As usual at Target, none of them were scanning correctly and she had to pick through the bags and scroll up and down looking for the coupon items.  I had less than 20 items for crying out loud! Less than 10 if you count all the little deodorants as one!  She told me I didn't have a Pantene item, so I pulled it out of the bag she just put it in and handed it to her.

Next she scrutinized my deodorant coupons (that I have used before and do NOT exclude trial sizes) and said she would need manager approval.  Then while waiting for the manager, she told me I did not get Rimmel mascara, and I pointed out that the coupon was for mascara or ANY Rimmel product!  The manger finally arrived and I asked her to read the deodorant coupon carefully because it does NOT exclude the small ones, she still insisted that it must be for the larger size (even if that is NOT what it specifies right on the damn coupon!), so I told them I would just take it to Walmart because THEY don't have a problem with it. All the manager said was, "Ok, fine" and shrugged and walked away!

The Garnier was apparently the wrong size, so I took those q's back to use later.  At this point, I had been there way too long now and was pretty peeved... needless to say I did NOT feel like going to switch it!  I decided to just take my 4 freebies and the $0.49 eye shadow and go, but the cashier then looks at me and gives me a total of $4.32!  I asked her how is it $4.32 if those were free and that was only $0.49 and she looks at the screen and makes an "oh crap" face, she had messed something up... I told her to give me my coupons back and void the whole thing because I was pretty dissatisfied with Target right now!  The only thing she knew how to do the whole transaction was to quickly give my q's back to get me out of her hair!!!

Thoroughly agitated I left and drove over to the nearest Walmart where I had only shopped once before, but had a good experience.  I re-selected my 4 freebies, found the Olay and Satin Care, found Rio, and picked up the deodorants.  (They were out of Cascade at this Walmart too, but I have to go back Friday anyway b/c in my agitation I forgot a few other things I need there.)  My cashier was a young man, very nice.  I told him I just had a bad trip to Target and I do have some coupons, he said "No problem!"  Yay!  He rang everything up and took my coupons one at a time, did them all correctly, and did not need to call a manager. I used my $10 promo GC from yesterday and paid only $8.52 OOP for everything!!!
I was so pleased I thanked the cashier several times for a job well done, and even took the time to find and inform a manager of my positive experiences at their store...

THANK YOU WALMART FOR NOT BEING CRAPPY LIKE TARGET TODAY!!!

My Walmart mini-haul... $8.52 :)
($51.82 before coupons)
1 FREE Aussie, 1 FREE Pantene, 1 FREE Suave, 1 FREE Herbal Essence
3 Buy 1 Olay body wash ($0.97), get 1 FREE Satin Care shave gel
8 FREE (+MM) Old Spice Swagger deodorant*
1 Rio DVD

*All the deodorant is going straight to the donation box.

No comments:

Post a Comment