Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Date Set!

Wonderful news! Yesterday I got a message that I have insurance approval for my surgery!!!  Today, it is official! I have a date: Pre-op appointment will be June 4, surgery June 15! Here we go!

My procedure will be the Sleeve Gastrectomy, done by Dr.Patrick M. Chiasson through the Southern Arizona Center for minimally Invasive Surgery. I have been waiting over a decade for this, and most recently about 9 months since attending the free seminar to surgery date.

Before getting a surgery date I had a checklist to complete:
  • Attend Bariatric Seminar
  • Get PCP referral
  • 6 months PCP supervised diet history
  • Psychological Assesment
  • Nutritional counseling
  • Gastroscopy
After my surgery I will spend the first 2 weeks on a protien shake only diet. I need to get a health monitoring device like a Fitbit, or a pedomiter. After the 2 weeks. My "Perfect Plate" will look like this:



I am not nervous... yet. I don't know if I will be as the date approaches or not, but I do know I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment