Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fun fly-on-a-dime travel tips :D

Ok... so naturally with the outrageous cost of plane tickets, all the extra fees, the lack of meal, the "practically probe you" at security protective measures, and the airplane aisle reminiscent of a cattle chute to get to your seat that is about as comfortable as that pair of pants that is two sizes too small, I think it is safe to say that flying kinda sucks!

Sadly, sometimes flying unavoidable, so do what you can to make it just a tad less painful.  Here are some ways I have strategized my travel plans this week:

Some of my free and cheap travel items.


Pack an empty water bottle.
You can fill it up after you get through security so you don't have to pay $3 a bottle!

ROUND UP ALL YOUR SAMPLES! 
You should find you have plenty of shampoo, conditioner, soap, makeup, sunblock, chap stick, tooth paste, floss, deodorant, etc....  For anything you are missing see if you can score some freebies from places like Aveada, Origins, and The Body Shop who will give you a trial size sample of just about anything they carry!  Also check for samples at makeup counters, and if you ask your dentist nicely I'm sure they will give you that little kit they have of a toothbrush, mini toothpaste, and floss.

Purchase cheap snacks.
They ain't gonna feed you, and that $5 snack pack is a joke!  Dig out your coupons and find a sale to pick up a wallet friendly treat you can look forward to! :) I chose pizza goldfish at $1.20 a bag :)

GET COMFORTABLE!
Lucky me they are giving away FREE travel pillows at Sleep Number stores right now (go to their facebook page and "like" them to snag one)!  I sew, so I made my own pillow case and "Voila!".  You will be the envy of everyone resting their head against the wall!  I was also lucky to snag my legging deal at Walmart today, and paired with a sweet deal I got on t-shirts and some smokin' hot Guess flip flops from Ross a few months ago, I will be lounging in savvy style!

Don't be afraid to let your freak flag fly!
Are you a poster child for Xanax? Does looking out the window make you want to barf? Would a basketball player refer to you as "tall"? Do you have an in flight bladder issue and would prefer not to have to push your rear end past/into two strangers' faces twice an hour?  Call the airline ahead of time and let them know you have issues, lol!  But seriously, if you do (please don't lie!) you may be able to score a MUCH better seat.

CARRY ON!...
While not all airlines charge to check bags, some do.  If you can get away with it, only pack a carry on.  I was surprised how big a carry on can be, plus they let you bring a "bonus" bag like your purse or a small gym bag that will fit under the seat.  This is a good tip regardless of the bag fee or not... I have had my luggage lost more than once.  Spending beaucoup bucks on all new stuff because the airline lost yours and you have no underwear for the week is NOT my idea of a fun shopping trip!  Especially infuriating if you spent that $25 for them to loose it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment