Thursday, July 21, 2011

If at first you don't succeed... SHOP, SHOP AGAIN! (Walmart success!)

Wal-Mart & Target 7/21

Ha ha! Success!  Tried again today at another Walmart.  Sadly the Bengay was also overpriced at this Walmart too and I had to pass, but they DID have the deodorant, the tape, and my leggins! :) Oh happy day, I was able to use my coupons to get my free stuff plus get an additional $3.50 to put toward the leggins! Not only that, but right by the express checkout they had just set up a table giving away free samples of Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic sun screen, BONUS! Perfect travel size for my trip!

Next I headed to Sephora inside JC Penny and picked up my FREE lipbalm. Right next door is Target, so I pop in there to pick up a few freebies and snacks for the plane and I find bags of clearance Hershey's chocolate chips for only $1.63 each... sweet!  I needed chocolate chips, but even store brand is usually 2/$5, so I was waiting for a better deal.

All in all today I spent about $20 including taxes (ours are crappily high at 9.1%) and got:

  • Danskin Now, mid-rise crop leggings(for the plane) ($5.42)
  • 6 Old Spice Swagger men's trial size deodorants (FREE)
  • 6 Scotch Magic tape (FREE)
  • Banana Boat Sport spf 30, trial size (for the trip) (FREE)
  • Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect spf 20, trial size (for the trip)(FREE)
  • Sephora Supergoop Mint Fusion spf 30 lip balm (for the trip) (FREE) 
  • 2 Lipton Recipe Secrets ($0.29 ea)
  • 2 Uncle Bens Whole Grain White Rice, Broccoli Cheddar ($0.54 each)
  • 2 Pizza Goldfish snacks (for the plane) ($1.20 each)
  • 5 bags Hershey's chocolate chips ($1.63 each)
  • Cottonelle Fresh wipes, 15ct (FREE)
  • Papermate pens, 10pk (FREE)
  • Wet Ones Antibacterial wipes (for the plane) ($0.47)
  • Post-It sticky tabs ($0.24)
  • Rain check: 2 Ziplock snack baggies ($0.75 each)
  • Out of stock, will pick up next time: 2 Bengay Vanishing Scent (FREE)


See how this ties in to my next post "Fly on a Dime"!

No comments:

Post a Comment