Wednesday, June 24, 2015

One week post op

I am one week out from my discharge from the hospital. My surgery was on the 15th, and I am doing well. My biggest challenge has been jealousy of people being able to eat food around me and not being able to partake myself. As far as being hungry goes, I really not very hungry at all. The small amounts that I do eat are enough to satisfy me

Today I officially graduate to being able to lay down flat again at night, and not use the spirometer for breathing exercises anymore. I am down 15 pounds from when I started the pre-op diet. It is still like throwing a chair off the Titanic, but it is an improvement for sure. I was finally cleared to add egg to my diet, and Greek yogurt. The Greek yogurt is way tart and I don't really like it. Having the egg was nice though.  

I can't wait, in just a few days I will be able to start adding more soft proteins like chicken to my diet and refried beans! I'm really looking forward to that. According to my diet schedule I can begin eating these foods on the 29th. My follow up appointment with the doctor is on the 30th.

Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment