Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pre-Op

Today I had my two pre-op appointments. First I had paperwork, then an EKG, then bloodwork, then more paperwork and instructions on how to scrub-prep the day before and of surgery. I was given a special soap called Dyna-Hex2. I am to shower using it the day before once in the morning, once in the evening, and the in the morning the day of surgery. So Sunday 6/14 and VERY early on 6/15. I need to be at the hospital 2 hrs before surgery on Monday 6/15, so 7:30am, and surgery is at 9:30am. I will be staying overnight, just 1 night, if all goes well. I should be able to return home Tuesday afternoon.

At my second appointment we went over the meds I will need pre and post-op and my diet for the next few weeks. I was given a bariatric surgery handbook that will be my procedure bible. Evertyhing I need to know is in there. The surgeon went over and had me sign some consent forms and answered any other questions we had, which were not many. The next time I see him I will be on the operating table. My surgery will be taking place at the Surgical center at Northwest Medical.

Pre-op Materials

I will  get to partake in my daughter's Birthday celebration tomorrow, then I am supposed to begin using my protien shakes more often than meals, with a lean protien meal once a day. While they are not strict with this, they do recommend following this type of diet as closely as possible up to my surgery date to get my body used to it. This will be the trickiest part for me I think, since I still have a full size tummy and a full size appetite. I am going to do my best though as this is very important to me!

A pre-op photo shoot I took:


No comments:

Post a Comment