Saturday, September 24, 2011

Have a nice shopping TRIP, see you next FALL!?!

Friday September 23, 2011: 
First day of fall, Northern Hemisphere.

Friday September 23, 2011: 
First day back out running errands after not feeling well.

Friday September 23, 2011: 
First day I have EVER tripped and fell at a store!!!

It is one of the oldest, lamest, jokes in the book, "Have a nice  TRIP, see you next FALL!" Hardy-har-har...
Well this Friday it wasn't so funny, but was highly ironic.  After a frustrating time at Walmart yesterday, I had to go to Walgreens to pick up, of all things, Bengay Cold Therapy!  I will describe my shopping trips in detail later, but for now I will just highlight that Walgreens did not have the item in stock.  Leaving the store empty handed on the first day of fall, all of a sudden I went down like a ton of bricks and hit the cement right outside the front door!  A sweet little old man was getting out of his van from the handicap parking spot and exclaimed, "Oh dear, are you all right? Do you need help up?" and the cashier rushed out to see what happened.  I sat there for a moment on the ground shocked, confused, and embarrassed.  I collected the things that spilled out of my purse when I fell, and the cashier helped me up.  She asked, "Are you ok, what happened?" I knew I fell, but I didn't know how... it had to be either the mat, or a large crack in the cement.  The sweet little old man said "She tripped on the mat! You should move that mat, I've almost tripped on it so many times!" He kept repeating it.  The cashier called the manager to make a report, the man went into the store, and I stayed outside since I had started crying and did not want to go back in.  This was my day! I needed this like a hole in the head. The sweet little old man came back out and stopped to reiterate to the manager that the mat was dangerous, and repeated to her what he had said to the cashier.  His 2 packs of orange carton Pall Mall cigarettes fell out of his bag, I picked them up and gave them back and thanked him for his concern. I made a report with the manager, gathered myself together, and tried to finish my last small trip to Safeway.  I took my time, but felt pretty discombobulated and sore already by the end of my trip.  I went back to Walgreens and the manager gave me a claim # so I could go get checked out.  Superb (sarcasm)... Now I had to go sit and wait at urgent care.  Luckily there was no one there and I was seen quickly so I could finally just go home.  To add on some more irony, the song "So you had a bad day" was playing on the speakers at the urgent care as I filled out my paperwork and checked in!  Unbelieveable!  Only me! By the end of the day, I was so grateful to be home.  Yesterday was probably one of those days I shouldn't have left in the first place... ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment